Thursday, August 4, 2011

Guest Post by Heather of Heather's Opinion On All Things Book Related blog

I had seen you asking for reviews for The Septavalent Stone on bookblogs.com.  I had read the synopsis and thought it looked interesting at the time, but didn't get a chance to go back to the threads(darn delete buttons!).  Anyway I got an email from you as you had looked at my blog, and in the email you had asked me to do a review of your book.  I of course was interested, and so happy that I got the chance to read The Septavalent Stone. My review is located HERE.
  I am an avid reader and in October of last year I began to blog my thoughts on the books I had read.  I don't always read fast as I do work full time, have a psuedo part-time job, and take care of animals.  So trying to fit reading in can be difficult, although my Nook has helped since I keep it in my purse at all times.
My reviews are more about if it entertains me(most books do), what aspects did I really like, what aspects did I not like..and weigh in my ratings from there.  I also don't like to give out spoilers, since I wouldn't want to have someone spoil a book when telling me about their favorite reads.  Some of my reviews are very difficult due to my self imposed no spoiler policy, as I have to really think about what I am writing so sometimes my reviews are a little short and to the point.  Overall I enjoy running my blog and am always finding ways to improve it.  I have also learned a few things along the way which have proven to be invaluable, mostly time management.  It has also brought me new authors, books I probably would have passed up because they weren't exactly my type of books(although I do tend to be a bit more judgemental and harsher with the ratings), and interacting with new people which is always fun!
  Thanks Jacob for allowing me to take over your blog for a day, as well as letting me read The Septavalent Stone!!

Here are a list of my Heather's favourite blogs narrowed down to two categories:
Authors:
Kelvin O'Ralph:  icire.blogspot.com
Book Reviews:
Ems: http://ems-reviews-books.blogspot.com/  A good friend of mine, and the one to help give me the idea to start doing my blog.
Lindsey: http://lindsreviewsbooks.blogspot.com/  Another good friend of mine, she has just started doing a blog, but has been doing reviews on Goodreads.com
And Bookish:  http://bookishhobbit.wordpress.com  I love her rating system and icons!
I would like to say thank you to Heather for taking out the time to do a guest post on my blog for which I am very grateful.... Guys be sure to click on this link once again so you can see the awesomeness that is her blog, go on CLICK HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't leave without saying hello.